For us, sustainability means high quality, durable and long-lasting materials in combination with well-thought-out designs that are as circular as possible. In other words: We want our customers to purchase with a purpose and buy something that can be loved & worn, season after season.
We start with versatility, classic silhouettes and end with fashionable design elements. Our intent is to design more than just a pretty bag. The clip on, clip off details are designed to give pieces maximum versatility and styling flexibility. Learn more on "How to WEAT" here.
DESIGNED FOR LONGEVITY
For work, play, travel – our bags are designed to accompany you from summer to winter, day to night, Hong Kong to Hawaii and from now to forever. We want every single bag we make to live a life as long as possible, so we prioritize quality and functionality to give pieces a long-lasting function with all its different ways to use and wear it.
Instead of following seasonal trends, we spend our time perfecting pieces and optimize each design for longevity. Our ambition is to design high quality, functional yet fashionable products. With this in mind, we approach the design process in a creative yet practical way. Each design is a back-and-forth problem-solving process until we create our ideal product with a desired result.
We are going against the fast fashion cycle because we simply do not believe in it nor does it fit our understanding of sustainability. In addition, we believe in designs that are fashionable yet seasonless and remain in our collection. This helps us to reduce waste at the end of each season cycle.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY STANDARDS
We are not just another handbag brand. We set new standards and live by them.
- Going against the fast fashion cycle
We do not believe in fast fashion trends. We believe in designs that are fashionable yet seasonless and remain in our collection. This helps reduce waste at the end of each season cycle.
- Maximizing on quality
All our products are made from high quality materials that can last you a lifetime. We produce designs with the goal to be loved and kept in your closet rather than end up on a landfill.
- Producing small batches
We produce small quantities for each style and then remake them based on customer demand. This way we avoid having high overstock.
- Wasting less
When it comes to our leathers we try to waste as little as possible, we always use left-over sample leathers and off-cuts to make small leather goods.
- Avoiding sales
With no overstock, there is no necessity for sales. We rarely do sales and believe in a fair price-quality ratio.
- Controlling quality
We strive to offer products that stand the test of time. We maintain a high standard of quality in doing multiple quality checks before fulfilling each order.
At WEAT Studio we believe in the use of responsible materials.
- Upcycled leather
We are using upcycled leather for our handbags. What is making our leather upcycled?
- The leather we use is coming from “A” rated meat processing facilities, these skins would’ve ended up as waste, we believe in repurposing these skins by creating something new. *Please note, we only use meat processing facilities with the highest standards of animal welfare.
- We upcycle leather by using leftover leather dead stock. Traditionally these excess leather would be sent to landfills, we rescue these leftover leathers before they are thrown away and we turn them into beautiful bags.
- RPET fabric
- We use fabrics made from recycled plastic bottles for our dustbags.
- Vegan Leather
As of 2021, we have introduced vegan leather of high quality into our collections.
At WEAT Studio we believe in conscious production and producers
Our concept is to produce small quantities for each style in our collections, we reorder quantities based on customer demand. This way we avoid having high overstock. With almost no overstock, there is no necessity for sales. We rarely do sales and believe in a fair price-quality ratio.
We work with a tannery that is committed to conserving the environment, sustainability is at the core of their identity. Furthermore, our eco-friendly leather tannery is well known for their LITE (Low Impact To the Environment) manufacturing concept.
- Saves water during production phase
- Has their own rain lagoon to collect rainwater to use for production and greenery
- Uses solar system instead of diesel oil
- Natural bamboo walls to reduce air temperature and cool production halls instead of using fans
- Uses wind energy, they save electricity and reduce CO2 emission by generating wind power
- They use green building technology to reduce energy consumption by maximizing natural light during the day.
- All leathers used in production can be traced to the meat processing facilities. They only use raw materials from LWG medal rated suppliers.
- Uses advanced RSL system, eliminating and reducing the harmful chemicals used in the supply chain.
- Advanced RSL system, eliminating and reducing the harmful chemicals used in the supply chain.
At WEAT Studio we believe in second life for everything we are using
- Our shopping bags are made from 100% organic waste.
- Our dust bags are designed with a fabric that is made from recycled plastic bottles.
- We are committed to using sustainable packaging papers that are FSC certified and printed with soy ink.
- We use eco-friendly carton boxes to ship our parcels.
- We are registered for paperless shipping and use this shipping method wherever we can.
- We cut and reduce plastic waste as much as possible during the manufacturing and shipping phase.
We encourage all our customers to reuse and recycle their gift boxes and dustbags. You can help make a difference to our planet by repurposing the packaging.
Our goal is to move towards a conscious fashion system. We know we are far from perfect; however, we are committed to challenge our efforts as much as possible for a more sustainable future.
We believe there are always new opportunities to improve our waste management, our production, e-commerce and our ways in and around the office. It is important for us to look at our shortcomings and learnings to help us progress in the right direction.